St. Johns Volunteers! is a private, independent 501(c)3 organization established in 2015 to provide a community connection point for volunteerism in St. Johns County.
St. Johns Volunteers! seeks to match the unique talents of individuals who desire to make a difference in the lives of others with rewarding local service opportunities.
St. Johns Volunteers! offers an array of programs and services designed to link individuals, families, organizations and businesses with opportunities to have a positive impact in our community.
Connect people and resources to enrich the quality of life in St. Johns County
A NEW COMMUNITY RESOURCE
St. Johns Volunteers! is a new community resource serving:
- CITIZENS of all ages who desire to make a difference in the lives of others through volunteering.
- NONPROFITS and other organizations who can increase their capacity of community impact by tapping the energy and enthusiasm of talented volunteers.
- BUSINESSES seeking an enhanced level of community engagement. Businesses can partner with St. Johns Volunteers! in promoting volunteerism throughout St. Johns County and in planning and coordinating employee volunteer activities.
St. Johns Volunteers! aspires to expand the capacity of our local nonprofit sector by creating a new level of community awareness about the work of our local nonprofit organizations and providing a critical link between citizens and organizations that can benefit from the time, talent and expertise of volunteers.
MATCHING LOCAL TALENT & LOCAL NEEDS
St. Johns Volunteers! core programs and services include:
- Online Volunteer Opportunities Database St Johns Volunteers! hosts a volunteer opportunity database on our website which makes it easy for citizens to search local volunteer opportunities at any time.
- St. Johns Volunteers! Resource Center Citizens can visit the Volunteer Center in person where they can learn more about local volunteer opportunities and meet with one of our friendly, volunteer “matchmakers” who can assist them in discovering options which match their interests and skills.
- Training Programs for Citizens & Nonprofit Leaders St John’s Volunteers! Resource Center also serves as a hub for training volunteers and volunteer managers. Residents can attend one of our “how to be a Great Volunteer” workshops and other training classes designed to enhance our volunteer talent pool. Nonprofit managers can take advantage of local training programs focused on best practices in volunteer management and capacity building topics such as grant writing and fundraising.
- Executive Volunteers & Board Development St Johns Volunteers! offers advanced volunteer matching services designed to identify current and retired executives with expertise that matches special needs within our nonprofit sector. Volunteers can discover opportunities to serve on local advisory boards or to join teams of experts which assist with special initiatives.
FUNDING THE VOLUNTEER CENTER
St. Johns Volunteers!, Inc. is supported by a diversified stream of revenue which includes individual donations, corporate sponsorships, nonprofit membership fees, grant funding, and program and service fees. Donations of every size are always welcomed. If you would like to learn more about becoming an individual donor or corporate champion of volunteerism, please call the Volunteer Center at 904-584-9600 or visit our website: www.stjohnsvolunteers.org