It’s National Volunteer Week – April 15th-22nd! Volunteers have a billion dollar economic impact in our communities, state and nation. This week, we extend a heartfelt “Thank You!” to all of our local volunteers for their individual and collective impact.
Volunteer Impact Florida USA
# of Volunteers 2.9 million 64.5 million
Hours of Volunteer Service 459 million 7.8 billion
Estimated Value of Service $10.5 billion $184 billion
(Source: Corporation for National & Community Service – VCLA)
Spring into service with a 1-time volunteer opportunity. Volunteers are needed for upcoming special events. Choose from a variety of different job assignments and short 3 or 4 hour shifts. Have FUN making a difference!
- April 20-21: VilanoFest: MusicFest & Tour of Homes
- April 21: Cultural Center of Ponte Vedra Beach Legacy Trust Home & Art Tour
- April 21-22: EPIC Flower & Garden Expo
- April 27-28-29: Family Fun Fest – Alpha Omega Miracle Home
- April 29: EPIC Taste of St. Augustine & Race to the Taste
- April 2018: VeloFest (Multiple event opportunities)
Click on the links above to view the full details for any of these opportunities or visit StJohnsVolunteers.org
Flagler College Volunteers & St. Johns Volunteers! teamed up to execute a “Hunger Project” service event on April 14th in coordination with Feeding Children Everywhere. More than 60 volunteers packaged up 20,000 meals in 4 hours. The meals will be used by St. Francis House. Special thanks to student leader Lindsay Giliam and Flagler College for supporting this community service project!
The Ponte Vedra Recorder recently highlighted St. Johns Volunteers! in a feature article, “St. Johns Volunteers Connects Locals to Volunteer Opportunities.” Special thanks to Susan Griffin and PVR team for profiling SJV’s work! SJV Board Chair Susan Ponder-Stansel, CEO of Community Hospice & Palliative Care, and County Commissioner Jeb Smith served as guest speakers at the St. Augustine & St. Johns County Board of Realtors General Membership Breakfast. Professional realtors are often one the first community contacts future residents make when moving into St. Johns County. To request a presentation by St. Johns Volunteers to your civic organization or business, please email email@example.com or call the Volunteer Center at 904-584-9600. (Pictured L-R below: BOR Association Executive Victor Raymos, BOR President-Elect Ian Edmonson, Commissioner Jeb Smith & Susan Ponder-Stansel.)
Since April is federal tax filing month, we’re showcasing three partners offering tax and financial services to St. Johns County residents.
- Neville Wainio CPAs. Neville Wainio CPAs is a supporting Business Partner of St. Johns Volunteers. The firm’s partners have a long history of serving the First Coast and St. Augustine. Neville Wainio CPAs is committed to providing closely-held businesses, physicians, non-profits and common interest realty associations (CIRAs) in St. Augustine and Northeast Florida a full array of assurance, tax and accounting services. With more than 65 years of combined experience, the firm repeatedly surpasses client expectations by committing experienced and focused professionals to each project with responsiveness and integrity.www.nevillewainio.com
- Fidelity Bank. SJV Business Partner Fidelity Bank has three convenient locations in St. Johns County. Fidelity Bank is committed to community service and voluntarily offers classes and presentations on a wide variety of banking, credit and financial topics. As part of their philanthropic commitment, Fidelity Bank encourages employees to participate in volunteer initiatives serving our communities and supports an array of nonprofit organizations. www.lionbank.com
- United Way of St. Johns County – Real Sense Program. With the help of trained volunteers, this tax season, the United Way of St. Johns County was able to offer the RealSense financial education and free tax preparation services to low-income residents. www.unitedway-sjc.com
To become a champion volunteerism as a Business Partner of St. Johns Volunteers! or enroll as a nonprofit partner, please contact Executive Director Carol Saviak at firstname.lastname@example.org, 904.584.9600.
CEO David Webb and the team at Brightmove hosted a “Pet Food Drive” for the St. Augustine Humane Society, which provides pet food to low income pet owners. St. Johns Volunteers! serves as a connection point for business owners and teams seeking to increase their community engagement or develop an annual community impact program. (Pictured L-R are Lindy Woodall, M. Woodall, David Webb, and Justin Bordeaux)
Connect people and resources to enrich the quality of life in St. Johns County.
1 News Place, Suite A St. Augustine, FL 32086
* ST. JOHNS VOLUNTEERS!, INC. IS A NONPROFIT 501-C-3 ORGANIZATION. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. FDACS Registration: CH54653 www.800helpfla.com 1-800-435-7352